Thoughts, ideas, tips and musings as I work alongside small business owners helping them love their businesses back to life!
Well to start, don’t think that a custom magnet has to be a business card substitute. A number of great promotional ideas for utilising custom magnets are:
- Once a service has been rendered offer a discount magnet for repeat business
- Place your company promotional message on the magnet along with details
- Place your facebook and social media details on the card
- Promote a competition or ongoing prize draw
- Place a code on the magnet so when clients contact you for service they get a discount
- Run an incentive program or repeat business bonus to encourage customers to keep the custom magnet
- Create invitations to functions such a fund raisers, product launches or special events
Other useful information for the householder would include lists of other local businesses that might be compatible with yours, school holiday dates and calendars.
Getting your message to stand out in the crowded marketing world has become quite a challenge over the years. However a uniquely designed and functional custom magnet can be extremely cost effective in the long term and a powerful marketing tool. With a one-off payment your custom magnet will get you continued exposure and repeat business, reinforce your marketing message, and all with less waste as magnets tend to be kept due to their versatility. They can also be inexpensively distributed by handing them out at exhibitions, in your shop, or placed randomly on items such as post boxes and of course by direct mail.
I recently heard of a business person who attached their magnet to the petrol bowser they were using. On asking the service station as to how often the bowsers were cleaned – the answer was “once a week”. That magnet had a 1 week life with hundreds of people seeing it!
So no matter what your message is or what promotional idea you have, just remember that custom fridge magnets are a powerful marketing tool because customers see them as popular, interesting, value-add, decorative, removable, useful and collectable.