Thoughts, ideas, tips and musings as I work alongside small business owners helping them love their businesses back to life!
Elephants Don't Bite, Mosquitoes Do
It isn’t the big things that ruin us. That is definitely true of image. It is all the little things we fail to give attention to that rob us of success. Bobbie Gee
Five Golden Rules of Display
• Know your customer - set your displays to capture YOUR customers' attention.
• Don’t damage the merchandise - never pop damaged merchandise out on the salesfloor unless its in a dump bin.
• Realise your time limitations - when doing displays know it will take you four times longer than you were planning.
• Be willing to learn - gather inspiration from pinterest!
• Change your display often - weekly if possible. Just tweak it, change the focal points, colours...
Five Reasons for Displays
• Attract attention - get customers into your shop and focussed on your products.
• Arouse interest - hmmm, what's that? Can I use it?
• Create desire - I MUST have it. It will be perfect for ...
• Win confidence - Shop looks great, staff are knowledgeable and friendly.
• Motivate the purchase NOW - Right. I'm having it!
3. Visual Merchandising is:
• Having the right stock
• At the right price
• At the right time
• In the right quantities
• Of the right quality
• In the right manner
Have fun and make sales!